With a new President of the United States and a new Congress taking shape in the election shortly, we assess the energy legislation and tax incentives on the books to nudge the clean energy economy forward with Betsy McCorkle, head of governmental affairs at the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association (NCSEA).
North Carolina is playing a decisive role in this election cycle, and its Research Triangle is known for its innovations.
Betsy works with legislators, state and local government officials, state agencies, the clean energy industry and allied organizations to educate them on clean energy issues and a related legislative agenda.
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson in conversation with Betsy to find out:
- Where the utility industry is getting it right…and wrong.
- What can the Congress and the statehouses do to get it right?
- What is the NCSEA doing to nudge the utilities toward faster innovation?
- How is the utility industry adapting to the new technologies and how does this parallel smart phones?
- What tax incentives and rebates does your region offer?
Betsy shared a great website to find out about these and other programs on Database of State Incentives for Renewable and Efficiency.
Thanks for subscribing to Green Connections Radio – and for telling us what you think @joanmichelson on Twitter, or on our Facebook page, or by email at email@example.com.