Imagine an historic, award-winning theatre on the wharf, surrounded by water, in the central business district of one of the most popular and acclaimed cities in the world….Now, think about trying to reduce its environmental impact and all the stakeholders involved.
That’s what Paul O’Byrne did, working with Academy Award-winning actress Cate Blanchett and her husband Andrew Upton, who together ran the iconic Sydney Theatre Company on “Greening the Wharf.”
Listen to host Joan Michelson’s fascinating conversation with Paul O’Byrne to find out how they did it, including:
- How they achieved amazing ROI: 50% less grid consumption, 70% less water use, ~50% less CO2 emissions and 70% less waste.
- How they did this without closing!
- How to start a program like this.
- Getting over hurdles with naysayers and the community with such an iconic landmark.
- Institutionalizing the program for the long-term.
For more information about Paul’s effort with the wharf, please visit: http://www.greeningthewharf.com
The 2015 Sydney Theatre Company Full Report can be found here: https://d2wasljt46n4no.cloudfront.net/files/Annual%20report/STC_AnnualReport_2015_bigger.pdf
“Greening the Wharf” National Award (Banksia Foundation): http://banksiafdn.com/leading-in-sustainability-setting-the-standard-for-small-organisations/
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson