“People have competing interests…(so) move beyond lazy labeling…a reporter’s job is to provide context…undergirded by data and statistics….Be a little fearless.” Soledad O’Brien
The Dakota Access Pipeline fight, hurricanes, droughts, earthquakes… the BP Oil Spill, the potential cuts to the EPA budget and rollback of the Clean Water and Clean Air Acts…Journalists rush to cover these stories as they break in the moment, but what’s missing?
Listen to host Joan Michelson’s insightful conversation with renowned journalist Soledad O’Brien, formerly of CNN and MSNBC and now Founder and CEO of Starfish Media Group, an award-winning production company, and host of “Matter of Fact” syndicated on network television via Hearst TV. (This was recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio.)
You’ll hear Soledad talk about:
- What reporters are missing in covering environmental/energy stories – and most stories.
- How to explain why “it” matters – and not just to you, but to other people.
- The importance of storytelling and creating empathy.
- Why people share news on Facebook
- How to make career decisions, in any career!
Subscribe to our newsletter to stay abreast of all episodes and get great career advice, and special coaching offers.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio – for upcoming enlightening podcasts – and for leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson