“For Saudi Arabia, they see (this big solar deal with Softbank) really as a necessity…because right now they burn oil for electricity, and they recognize that that’s horrible, that’s just terrible for the environment and it’s not cost-effective.” Dr. Ellen Wald
You might want to dismiss the story of Saudi Aramco Oil and its impending historic IPO – the largest in history, valued at $100 billion – but listen first to this fascinating conversation with Dr. Ellen Wald about why it matters to you and your business.
Ellen is an expert on Middle East geopolitics and the energy sector, and the author of the new best-seller “Saudi Inc. The Arabian peninsula’s search for power and profit.”
- How geopolitics affects oil and electricity prices.
- How the Aramco IPO could affect what you pay and Middle East peace (it’s all interconnected).
- Why the oil powerhouse country is investing hugely in solar energy and technologies to keep solar panels clean.
- About the carbon capture car and truck in development, since developing countries do not have a stable enough electric grid for electric vehicles yet.
- How to understand the motivation of people to achieve your goals.
“If you can understand the motivation of the players, you’ll have a better understanding of where your company fits in or where a particular client might fit in.” (or where you might fit into the company) Dr. Ellen Wald on Green Connections Radio
What made you say, “I never thought of it that way!”? Tweet it to us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page — and ask to join our new private Facebook group.
You’ll probably also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Rachel Kyte, CEO of the U.N.’s Sustainable Energy for All programme, implementing the Paris Climate Accord.
- Tracy Raczek, Former Senior Climate Advisor to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, who developed the original framework for what became the Paris Accord.
- Laura Pagliarulo, CEO of SolaREIT, creative financing for community solar
- Dr. Nawal Al-Hosany, Director of Sustainability at Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s energy company, and head of the Zayed Future Energy Prize.
Subscribe to our newsletter for Green Connections Radio podcasts and more great content on innovation, sustainability, energy and women’s advancement.