“Companies that perform better on ESG criteria tend to do better financially in the long term.”
How do the bolder positions on social and environmental issues that many companies are taking affect their financial performance? A lot, it turns out, if….
Julie Fox Gorte of Pax Investments, long time ESG investment master, and Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson have a candid, engaging conversation about the impact of this level of transparency on the bottom line, and why all those ESG metrics matter.
You’ll hear about:
- ESG metrics and how to use them to make better purchasing decisions at home and at work (Environmental, Social, Governance).
- The impact of ESG practices on financial performance – causation or correlation?
- How we can use the transparency of ESG metrics to see if they are walking the talk.
- Key factors for shareholders, investors, employees and customers today.
- The seismic shift in financial power that’s upon us and how it should affect our decisions (hint: it’s about women).
- And terrific career advice.
Producer’s Note: This interview was conducted before covid-19 and the sound quality on this episode is a little off our normal standards, so thanks for your understanding that technical issues intervene sometimes.
What questions do YOU have on investing? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our new private Facebook group)
Listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Chris Cordaro head of RegentAtlantic on ESG investing and companies that do and don’t make the cut.
- Barbara Krumsiek former long-time CEO of Calvert Investment on socially-responsible investing and how to identify the right financial advisor.
- Michelle Singletary, personal finance columnist of the Washington Post, author on smart money management strategies.
All of these and many more – plus blogs and other resources – are available at electricladiespodcast.com.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive episodes in your Inbox and insights from
Joan’s Forbes articles and events as well.
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson