“Sustainability is so big and it’s so hard for apparel companies, just getting into it and understanding what to do.” Karla Magruder
How do you make fabric from recycled plastic?
85 percent of apparel ends up in landfill, this is a tough one. How can apparel companies use less water, energy, fewer toxic dyes and generating less waste?
Listen to this fascinating interview with Karla Magruder, CEO of Fabrikology with host Joan Michelson to find out!
Listen here to find out:
- What apparel companies are doing to reduce their environmental impact.
- How fabric is made from plastic bottles.
- Which clothing companies are focused on sustainability.
- What consumers can do to drive demand for environmentally-sound clothing practices.
- Career tips and more!
What do YOU want to know about clothes? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our new private Facebook group)
You’ll also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Amina Razvi, of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition on how fabrics are made, recycled and reused.
- Tricia Carey, of Lenzing, on jeans from wood – manufacturing sustainable fabrics, such as tenzel.
- Jessica Schreiber, CEO of Fabscrap, on how fabric “scraps” can be used.
- Annie Gullingsrud of Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute on innovations transforming fashion.
Subscribe to our podcasts to receive them right away and to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve and receive special coaching offers!