We use Facebook every day, multiple times a day – along with 2 billion other people! – so, have you ever thought about how much energy it takes to power all those servers and buildings? How much CO2 it emits? And, waste its 17,000+ employees create around the globe?
Listen to this rare interview with Facebook’s Sustainability Guru Bill Weihl (he chose his title) with Electric Ladies podcast host Joan Michelson. (This was recorded as Green Connections Radio.)
You’ll hear about:
- How they power all those posts and operations
- What caused them to take on sustainability
- Their renewable energy plans
- Creative deals they make
- …and much more!
Note: This interview first aired a couple of years ago, so check their website and news sources for updates on their energy portfolio.
You’ll also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Ellen Wald, Ph.D, Author of the book, “Saudi Inc” on how oil and power in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.
- Rachel Kyte, CEO of the U.N.’s Sustainable Energy for All programme, implementing the Paris Climate Accord.
- Tracy Raczek, Former Senior Climate Advisor to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon, who developed the original framework for what became the Paris Accord.
- Laura Pagliarulo, CEO of SolaREIT, creative financing for community solar
- Dr. Nawal Al-Hosany, Director of Sustainability at Masdar, Abu Dhabi’s energy company, and head of the Zayed Future Energy Prize.
Subscribe to our podcasts to receive them right away and to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve.