“Data Philanthropy” Innovation That Powers Our Daily Lives
“There are networks that power the modern economy. They can be financial networks…social networks, energy networks, transportation networks…You have to be connected up into these networks in order to realize your full potential.” Shamina Singh on Electric Ladies Podcast (then known as Green Connections Radio)
But 1.7 billion people are not connected to these networks, and most of them are women, according to Shamina Singh, President of the Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth.
Listen to this fascinating and inspiring interview with host Joan Michelson about leveraging and partnering with NGO’s and nonprofits to address this “poverty of access.”
- Why “access” to these networks make all the difference.
- What “data philanthropy” is and how to leverage data for good.
- How to innovate for the daily challenges of people who are not like you.
- Creative solutions, from “pay as you go” clean electric power, to finding “a proxy for credit score,” to fintech powering sustainable cities.
- How to build successful partnerships.
- The environmental, health and economic costs of cash.
- Career tips and more!
“You’ve got to have representative views at the table, otherwise you’re missing something. How do you have true innovation if you’re missing something?” Shamina Singh on Green Connections Radio
Read my two Forbes blogs from this interview, too – on fintech here and career insights here.
You’ll want to check out these interviews too:
- Sarah Cho, Director of Research and SurveyMonkey on measuring inclusion.
- Rainia Washington, VP, Global Diversity, Lockheed Martin, on “innovating with purpose.”
- Charlotte Burrows, Commissioner of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, on when and how to file and claim, and how to find out your options.
- Ellen Stofan, Director of the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum (first woman), on innovating a legacy institution.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson