“We’re really a botanical business. And our botanicals come from all over the world….All botanicals are going to be impacted and have been impacted by climate change, and the real challenge is trying to get in front of that.”
Do you or someone you care about drink tea? Grown around the world, it’s at the mercy of climate change, just like any other crop. But how do you pivot a 75-year old business to mitigate potentially catastrophic damage to your main ingredient from climate change?
Listen to Cindi Bigelow, CEO of Bigelow Tea, started by her grandmother, explain the steps they are taking to do so in this engaging conversation with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson.
- How her grandmother started the tea business out of the ashes of the Depression – and grew it.
- Where they grow their tea and why it matters (all tea is not created equal).
- How they are reducing their carbon footprint and mitigating against climate change.
- What it’s like being a woman in this industry, and being the third generation to run the business.
- Great career advice for women in any career and at any level.
“Listening, observing a room, learning the room, learning where your biggest obstacle could be, learn who is connected to something you need to understand…Try to understand the audience and the pitfalls in advance….I’m bringing the stuff out from under the table before they do”
Read my Forbes article about how Cindi is adapting her grandmother’s business for today’s challenges.
You’ll also like:
- Laura Busse Dolan , President of Applied Imagination, botanical sculpture
- Gloria Reuben, Actor-Activist, president of Waterkeeper Alliance, protecting water from polluters.
- Sharelynn Moore, SVP of Itron on Conservation, Virtual Reality & Kids
- Maggi Reiss, on a new GCM study on women achievers
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson