“It’s really important that we think about cooling the areas where people are living, working and playing, and parks do that,” Diane Regas
Whether you hang out in your local park with your kids or dogs enjoy reading on a park bench, or hiking in a national park this spring, you probably didn’t realize the park is also helping to mitigate climate change.
Listen to Diane Regas, President and CEO of The Trust for Public Lands, explain how – and give great career advice for women in mid-career – in this vibrant conversation with host Joan Michelson. (This was recorded under out previous name, Green Connections Radio.)
- How parks help reduce CO2, lower the temperature between 14 and 17 degrees and reduce local flooding.
- Bring communities together, blurring political, religious and other boundaries.
- Create economic value in their communities.
- What you can do in your own area.
- Plus, great career advice, including how to “take care” of your career, from this woman who has had several high-profile leadership roles, including at the Environmental Defense Fund.
“People have lots of different pathways to make a difference. There are so many companies now that have sustainability projects and programs….so I think there are a lot of pathways,” Diane Regas on Green Connections Radio
You’ll want to check out these interviews too:
- Lee-Anne Walters, Community Organizer in Flint, Michigan who won the Goldman Environmental Prize for galvanizing her community to get their lead-contaminated water addressed.
- Lynne Cherry, Author of Chidren’s books on the environment and filmmaker with environmental kids.
- Ellen Sabin, Author of “The Greening Book” that teaches kids to be friends with the Earth, and many other similar books for kids.
- Flo Stone, Founder of the DC Environmental Film Festival.
- Soledad O’Brien, Host of “Matter of Fact” on Hearst TV and former anchor at CNN and MSNBC, on environmental journalism.
Thanks for subscribing on iTunes or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson