“It’s really about voting…Commit to the greenest candidate you can. Period. For any office. Board of supervisors. School boards. Mayors. City Councils. Tweet at candidates. It’s all about politics. We’ve got the technology. We’ve got the capacity We have brilliant people, but…It’s about voting.” Kathleen Rogers
Wow! It’s been 50 years since the first Earth Day! Listen to Earth Day Network president, Kathleen Rogers talk with host Joan Michelson about the top issues and novel ways they are engaging people today on environmental issues – and what more needs to be done (might surprise you).
- Why people now care more about the environment (and it’s not just climate change).
- How artists are engaging people, encouraging each of us to protect the environment.
- What you can do today, tomorrow and next year. You have power.
- What being a “network” means as a business model and influencer.
- Why “the energy revolution will dwarf the technology revolution,” Rogers says and how the U.S. can benefit economically from it.
- The really cool Earth Science 2020 initiative with a bunch of other organizations and how you can be a “citizen scientist” from your couch (no money required).
“The messenger is critical…You need to let the messenger be local, because they tell their stories their own way.” Kathleen Rogers
You’ll want to check out these interviews too:
- Kathryn Pavlovsky, Deloitte Energy, Resources & Industrials, on the energy transformation and ESG
- Kristen Sullivan, Deloitte Sustainability & Supply Chain practice, on companies “doing” ESG, and the supply chain.
- Michelle Wyman, National Council for Science & the Environment, on talking science to policymakers.
- Jennifer Gerbi, Ph.D., Deputy Director and Acting Director, ARPA-E, the innovation arm of the Department of Energy
- Tabitha Jayne, EarthSelf, on coaching with nature’s ecosystem as a model (based on Scotland)
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson