“Employers need to be providing re-onboarding to every employee and for that matter for even every guest that comes into the building, because…..it comes down to each and every individual and their commitment to these new protocols and policies.”
As we prepare to return to our offices, schools, coworking spaces, and houses of worship, while the coronavirus still swirls around us, there are steps building managers, employers, administrators and employees – each of us – can take to make sure we and our colleagues are safe from COVID-19.
The International Well Building Institute has developed standards and ratings to determine how safe and “healthy” our spaces are, and adapted them with advice from a COVID-19 Task Force of 540+ top experts. To find out about those standards and get practical tips we each use.
Listen to this enlightening interview with Rachel Gutter, president of the Institute with host Joan Michelson on Electric Ladies Podcast (then known as Green Connections Radio).
You’ll want to take notes because you’ll hear:
- How their ratings system works and where to find information on your office, workspace or school.
- Specific questions you should ask your management before you go back into the building.
- How they keep the standards up to date as technologies and science advances. Tools you can give your team to help improve the quality of your workspace.
- Plus career advice unique to this historic moment…. and more.
“Take advantage of this moment and ask yourself….What we have to learn from this moment?….There’s so much opportunity.” Rachel Gutter on Electric Ladies Podcast (then known as Green Connections Radio)
Read Joan’s Forbes blog about it too.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Stacy Jupiter, another recent MacArthur “Genius” winner working in climate change mitigation.
- Rawlings Miller, a climate change mitigation planning expert.
- Ingrid Daubechies of Duke University, MacArthur “genius” award winner, and master innovative thinker.
- Beth Gibbons, climate change adaptation leader working with local resilience teams.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson