“Conservation Station: Creating a More Resourceful World (is) a new educational initiative from Itron and Discovery Education. This innovative, engaging, standards-aligned program encourages middle school students to explore the relationship between water and energy through the lens of conservation.”
As parents seek new ways to homeschool kids with summer upon us and this extraordinary pandemic shutdown still limiting our activities, Discovery Education partnered with Itron, a company known for its innovative technologies around energy and water, on a ground-breaking new initiative to teach kids about conservation, called Conservation Station. It even includes virtual field trips.
Just in time to commemorate World Environment Day, June 5th,
Listen to this fascinating interview with Sharelynn Moore, Senior Vice President of Itron who is Itron’s leader on the initiative on Green Connections Radio podcast with host Joan Michelson.
- How Conservation Station works and which grades it’s targeted for. About the tools available to teachers and parents to help them maximize the experience for their kids.
- How they developed this innovative program, including engaging students, teachers and parents.
- How it might inspire kids to pursue careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) and to take care of the planet better.
- Plus great career advice – such as how women can get in their own way, and more.
“Don’t be afraid to be ambitious…and learn to get out of your comfort zone.” Sharelynn Moore on Green Connections Radio podcast
You’ll also like:
- Stacy Jupiter, another recent MacArthur “Genius” winner working in climate change mitigation.
- Rawlings Miller, a climate change mitigation planning expert.
- Ingrid Daubechies of Duke University, MacArthur “genius” award winner, and master innovative thinker.
- Beth Gibbons, climate change adaptation leader working with local resilience teams.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson