With so much innovation in the energy sector, the rapid expansion of renewable energy, development of a “smart grid” and the Internet of Things technologies, the utilities have to evolve too. And, without dropping any service to anyone, ever.
So, what’s a utility to do to survive – and to thrive?
Enter Mary Powell, CEO of Green Mountain Power in Vermont, who was chosen as one of Fast Company’s most innovative people. She’s turning the business model of a utility on its head, and retains the support of her board because she’s succeeding in every way – customer service ratings in the 90%s and generating sold financial results. How?
Listen to host Joan Michelson’s fascinating conversion with Mary Powell.
You’ll learn about:
- What being an “un-utility” means.
- How Green Mountain Power is innovating a legacy industry – and one on which we all depend.
- Being truly customer-focused
- Making money by selling less.
- Why and how she made a ground-breaking deal with Tesla.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Follow on Twitter @joanmichelson