“How do we get PPPs out there, public private partnerships, where we bring in also the investment community from the beginning, so that we can truly shift the capital where it needs to go in order to reduce our impact?” Sandrine Dixson on Electric Ladies Podcast
The new Inflation Reduction Act invests $369 billion in driving a climate resilient, clean energy economy, as well as reduces prescription drug costs, among other important initiatives. Will these investments, coupled with those in the Infrastructure Bill earlier this year, usher in a more planet and people-friendly economy?
Listen to Sandrine Dixson, Co-President of the prestigious Club of Rome – an organization of heads of state, top global CEOs, etc. – explain to Electric Ladies host Joan Michelson the new economic model she says covid showed we can do that tackles climate change and pivots to a net-zero economy in this enlightening conversation. It was conducted last fall at COP26 in Glasgow. Sandrine had just hosted the session with President Biden, Prime Minister Boris Johnson and other world leaders at COP26 and previously had been Director of Prince Charles’ environmental nonprofit.
- Why Sandrine thinks unusual partnerships are critical to get us to a net zero economy.
- The unique role women play at this moment.
- What the United Nations can and should do to seize this moment when truly all the world’s nations need to come together to save our shared planet.
- Plus, insightful career advice ….
“Women need to have more confidence in what they can deliver and to take those risks and to go for those jobs, even though they may not have 100% of the criteria that’s necessary because what happens most of the time, women over-deliver, and…work with women, work with men, continue to develop our own capacities.” Sandrine Dixson on the Electric Ladies podcast
Read Joan’s related Forbes articles here too.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Anne Kelly, VP of Government Relations at nonprofit Ceres, which helps businesses and policy come together for the planet and people, on the new legislation.
- Gillian Tett, Financial Times, from COP26, about what the new financial alliance means for a net zero economy.
- Lisa Jacobson, Business Council for Sustainable Energy, on the impact of covid on energy and transitioning to a clean energy economy
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
- Halla Hrund Logadottir, head of Iceland’s National Energy Authority, on how Iceland developed an 85% renewable energy economy.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson