Iceland runs on 85% renewable energy. How did they get there? “My favorite part of Iceland’s renewable energy story is that it started small. It started with innovation, entrepreneurship. In terms of how has this developed, originally organically and then supported by the government and by policies and funding, which is essential for any development.” Halla Hrund Logadottir on Electric Ladies Podcast
I was privileged to tour some of the unique technologies and business models that fuel Iceland’s remarkable 85% renewable energy economy recently. It seems that Iceland could be a pilot project for the rest of us on how to do it. How did they do it?
Listen to this fascinating interview with Halla Hrund Logadottir, the Director-General of Iceland’s National Energy Authority (INEA) with host Joan Michelson on Electric Ladies Podcast conducted in Reykjavik to hear strategies we can all implement today.
- How Iceland leverages its topology and natural resources to run the country on renewable energy – and how they plan to get to 100% renewable energy soon.
- The unique database of best practices, solutions and partnerships Iceland developed and continues to build upon.
- Lessons we can all learn from their evolution for our own countries.
- Why women play an important role in driving the innovations in Iceland’s renewable energy economy.
- Plus, great career advice….
“Don’t let fear get in your way. And if you don’t feel like you have the courage, borrow it from a friend or from an expert, go out there and, borrow it. So you can actually make sure that fear is not standing between you and the opportunity that the world has for you to make a difference.” Halla Hrund Logadottir on Electric Ladies Podcast
You’ll also like:
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
- Kathryn Pavlovsky, Deloitte Energy, Resources & Industrials, on the energy transformation and ESG
- Sandrine Dixson, Co-president of the Club of Rome (global leaders) and Ambassador to the Climate
- Jennifer Gerbi, Ph.D., Deputy Director and Acting Director, ARPA-E, the innovation arm of the Department of Energy
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson