The Paris Accord to reduce global greenhouse gas emissions is ambitious and the U.S. has agreed to reduce it’s emissions by 26 to 28 % below 2005 levels by 2025. How do we do it? With breakthrough energy innovations!
Leading the charge in these breakthroughs is ARPA-E, the innovation arm of the U.S. Department of Energy and it’s led by Dr. Ellen Williams, who was Chief Scientist at BP during the Gulf Oil Spill. But don’t let that fool you…She’s 100 percent committed to clean energy and has been a long time professor at University of Maryland. (ARPA-E circa 2021 is now led by Dr. Jennifer Gerbi.)
Listen to host Joan Michelson talk with Dr. Williams about:
- Trends in energy breakthroughs – and what we need.
- Why government funding is needed to drive innovation, especially in energy
- Where the investments are going these days – a wind drone?!
- Important elements to drive breakthrough innovation
- Recommendations for building a career in this industry
You’ll want to take notes!
P.S. The audio on this is a bit wobbly it turns out, which is below our usual standards…sometimes technology does not cooperate as intended! Fortunately, Dr. Williams sounds much than I do. Thanks for understanding.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcast or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson