“85% of disposable apparel ends up in a landfill,” Annie Gullingsrud, Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute
Think of all the stuff the people in areas devastated by hurricanes and fires have to replace….
What if they replaced even 10 percent of it with sustainable clothing? Is it even possible? How?
Listen to ost Joan Michelson’s intriguing interview with the Director of Textiles and Apparel at the Cradle to Cradle Innovation Institute, Annie Gullingsrud, to find out how. (This was recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio.) You’ll look at your clothes and shop differently!
- What the circular economy is.
- What to look for when buying clothes.
- What certifications mean.
- How communities can get more clean drinking water from a clothing manufacturing plant.
- Tips for a career in sustainable fashion.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Amina Razvi, of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition on how fabrics are made, recycled and reused.
- Tricia Carey, Lenzing, on jeans from wood – manufacturing sustainable fabrics, such as tenzel.
- Jessica Schreiber, CEO of Fabscrap, on how fabric “scraps” can be used.
- Laura Jones, Frontlash magazine on sustainable fashion.
- Karla Macgruder, CEO of Fabrikology, on how recycled and sustainable fabrics are made in the first place.
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts, Joan’s articles AND special coaching offers!!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson