“(T)here’s an enormous opportunity to talk about sustainability and environmentalism in a way that captures the imagination of an everyday consumer or an everyday fashion lover and find a way to make it exciting and interesting and accessible.“ Laura Jones
Celebrity stylist Laura Jones found herself overwhelmed when she realized the field she had dedicated her career to was damaging the environment big time: fashion. Then, she resolved to do something about it.
Listen to Laura describe her journey from celebrity stylist to sustainability advocate in this heartfelt interview with Joan Michelson.
Laura talks about:
- How she got from stylist to sustainability advocate?
- What the biggest issues are in addressing sustainability in fashion.
- How to “dress your values” and why it’s easier than you think.
- Why retailers and designers don’t talk about their sustainability efforts.
- Plus, unique career advice that reflects lessons from her own evolution.
“Ask a lot of questions, more than you think is acceptable. And, you should ask those questions of yourself…of your family….of everyone that you know or that knows someone in the field you want to go into.” Laura Jones
Read my Forbes blogs about her magazine here and on her career advice here too.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Eileen Mockus CEO of Coyuchi, eco-bedding and linens company
- Jessica Schreiber, CEO of Fabscrap, on how fabric “scraps” can be used.
- Karla Macgruder, CEO of Fabrikology, on how recycled and sustainable fabrics are made in the first place.
- Amina Razvi, of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition on how fabrics are made, recycled and reused.
Thank you for subscribing to Electric Ladies podcast on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson