“There’s endless innovation in this area (of sustainable products) because it’s where people are focused essentially. When you think of values or voting with your dollars, this is one of the very first things people would think of…These products are not a compromise but an improvement in functionality.” Jules Pieri on Green Connections Radio (now called Electric Ladies Podcast)
Jules Pieri and her company The Grommet have learned so much from launching their own business and over 30,000 products on their e-commerce site that sells hand-picked products made by small “makers,” that she decided to write a book about it. In her extensive interview with Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson, about her book, “How We Make Stuff Now,” Pieri explains key lessons learned.
- How they hand-pick and test each item on The Grommet – and why
- Why you may not want to sell, or buy, on Amazon
- The nuts and bolts of how to build and grow a product-based start-up
- Protecting your IP
And, great career advice…What to do when your career path is out-of-sync with your peers.
“You are way more confident and savvy than you would have ever been 20 years ago, and that’s a strength to play to. You have a playbook, you kind of know your personal ethics, you…manage people, you have a Rolodex maybe digital, of people who might be motivated to help you or join you..” Jules Pieri on Green Connections Radio (now called Electric Ladies Podcast)
Read Joan’s Forbes blog about Jules Pieri’s take on Amazon and on managing a career vs. your peers too.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Jules Pieri, CEO/Cofounder of The Grommet on eco-conscious gifts, products.
- Rasha Hasaneen, Ingersoll Rand VP of Product Management Excellence & Innovation.
- Amina Razvi, VP of te Sustainable Apparel Coalition.
- Annie Gullingsrud, of Cradle-to-Cradle on Sustainable Apparel.
Thank you for subscribing to Green Connections on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Private Facebook Group and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts!
Email us: on Twitter @joanmichelson