“Women are being hit disproportionately hard, because they hold disproportionately more of the jobs being shutdown and (still) have the lion’s share of family responsibilities….The industries hit hard by this crisis are healthcare, social care, education, restaurants, cleaning services, personal care and clothing stores, and the front lines of them are dominated by women.” Joan Michelson’s Forbes Blog
The pandemic-induced economic crisis is rippling through the economy, stealing jobs from industries across the board that are dominated by women, as I wrote a couple of months ago in Forbes.
To find out the economic facts and what it means for women going forward, I spoke with the esteemed senior economics reporter of the Washington Post, Heather Long.
Listen to her give us the real facts and suggestions for moving forward in this fascinating interview on Green Connections Radio podcast with host Joan Michelson.
- Why she thinks our going through “the summer of the zombie economy” may be the worst of it.
- How the Federal Reserve can help – and is stepping up where it has not before to support small businesses.
- The facts around women business owners and the Payroll Protection Program loans.
- Why women leaders are going better than their male counterparts.
- Plus great career advice – such as what more women can do, why she says changing jobs every 3-5 years can make you stronger…and more
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Michele Singletary, Washington Post finance columnist on how to plan your spending wisely.
- Shelly Porges, Billion Dollar Fund for Women, helping more women business owners raise capital.
- Julie Kirk, Chief Innovation & Entrepreneurship Officer, University of Maryland and serial entrepreneur.
- Ingrid Daubechies of Duke University, MacArthur “genius” award winner, and master innovative thinker.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson