New Interactive Museum Brings Language to life
“You learn the techniques that make a song or a speech or that ad really effective and persuasive..” Ann Friedman on Electric Ladies Podcast (then known as Green Connections Radio).
We are experiencing every day how powerful words are, ours and other people’s. From the 2020 election to social media, to the protests for equality and climate change, to advertisements and music. Now, there’s a brand new interactive museum in Washington, DC about language and how it’s effective and persuasive. They describe it as “where language comes to life”
Listen to this enlightening conversation with Ann Friedman, Founder, CEO & Creator of Planet Word and Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson about how to bring language to life. We included some sound from the exhibits too, to take you inside.
- How she developed the idea for the museum and made it happen.
- About the interactive exhibits, such as the talking word wall, or karaoke songwriting gallery, or advertising, joke-writing or speechwriting galleries, for example.
- The lens they evaluated every exhibit idea through – including representing the world’s languages, gender and cultural diversity, subject matter, and more.
- The many uses of language we may not think about, such as to solve crimes.
- How they made sure the facility has the lowest environmental impact possible, when it’s a historical landmark
“I want you to go out on the streets of Washington and be more empathetic to what you hear around you, to be more careful with the words you yourself use and be part of a community.” Ann Friedman on Electric Ladies Podcast (then known as Green Connections Radio)
Read Joan’s Forbes piece on the power of words here.
You may also like:
- Ellen Stofan, head of the Smithsonian Air & Space Museum
- Alison Brown, CEO of the Science Museum of Minnesota
- Laura Dolan, President & Owner of Applied Imagination on making art from plants
- Maggi Reiss, President, IDS Publishing, on our new survey about what motivates women to be leaders, achievers.
- Coco Brown, Founder/CEO of Athena Alliance, on extraordinary women leaders
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special coaching offers!
Follow/DM us @joanmichelson