“You are not crazy. So, if you’re talking to someone who makes you feel crazy, that’s probably something with that other person. If you’re working with someone who make you feel like you’re not good enough, there’s something else going on.” Jennifer Wisdom
We all have office politics to deal with, even if you own your company or work remotely. If you work with other people, office politics are there on some level. It’s how people deal with each other.
Listen to psychologist, author and coach Jennifer Wisdom explain to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson how we can all understand our work relationships and how to manage them in this enlightening and practical interview.
- How to figure out what the politics are in your work place.
- What you can learn from the language people use and who gets which assignments.
- The politics of being a woman in the workplace. Three things women in middle management can do to advance at work.
- And, great career advice for women (and everyone).
Read Joan’s Forbes blog on her interview with Jennifer too.
“Many of us bring to work (the family dynamics) we were raised with. So, if we were raised in a family where people didn’t communicate directly (for example), we grow up thinking that’s normal.”
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Kristin Haffert, Co-Founder of Mine The Gap, gender diversity consultancy
- Mary Lee Gannon, CEO of a multimillion dollar healthcare foundation and executive coach, on maximizing a multigenerational workforce.
- Joann Lublin, Management News Editor, Wall St. Journal, on career insights from top women CEOs, based on her book.
- Charlotte Burrows, EEOC Commissioner, on how to deal with discrimination and harassment
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson