“If we want to accelerate all the efforts in order to decarbonize and to fight against climate change, we have to go three times faster, three times stronger. We have all the technologies, but how to speed it up, how to make sure that it’s deployed even faster,” Gwenaelle Avice Huet on Electric Ladies Podcast
There’s a quiet transformation happening in our communities that will literally save lives, and it’s led by women who don’t make the headlines. It’s the infrastructure that undergirds our everyday lives. These are the systems that we only notice when they break down, or we have service delays or other problems, including when extreme weather takes them out.
Listen to Gwenaelle Avice-Huet, Chief Strategy and Sustainability Officer of Schneider Electric discuss what our infrastructure needs to be more resilient and what’s being done to do so in this enlightening discussion with Electric Ladies host Joan Michelson.
You’ll hear about:
- How to increase the resilience of our current infrastructure.
- How the new Infrastructure Investment Act funding will make a difference.
- How her experience in her native France and in various aspects of the energy and sustainability sector gives her a unique perspective.
- Plus, insightful career advice, such as…
“I would say first sometimes we are, as a woman, we are, I would say forbidding ourselves some evolutions because we think it’s either inappropriate or because we want to have the right balance between private life and professional life. And we fear that an evolution could jeopardize this balance. I would say that you have to think internally how to make it happen and never give up on what you feel inside.” Gwenaelle Avice-Huet on Electric Ladies Podcast
Read Joan’s related Forbes articles here too.
You’ll also like (some may have been recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio):
- Anne Kelly, Ceres, on the business community’s take on the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- Julie White, Deputy Secretary for Multimodal Transportation in North Carolina, on how transportation improves and integrates with communities.
- Melissa Modica, Waste Harmonics, on how to manage waste to reduce climate change
- Michele Wucker, author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson