“This is very much a jobs plan….It deals with four interwoven challenges…The first is the post-pandemic reality, the second is the economic downturn, the third is the climate crisis, and the fourth is inequality and racial equity… The general theme is that the road to economic recovery is through climate action..” Anne Kelly on Electric Ladies Podcast
Hurricane Ida was a different kind of wake-up call because it showed the increased severity of extreme weather events in the age of climate change, and how even big cities like New York and inland areas are vulnerable. In short, it emphasized the need to shore up our infrastructure from coast to coast.
Listen to Electric Ladies host Joan Michelson’s enlightening interview with Anne Kelly, VP of Government Relations at the non-profit Ceres and Director of their Business for Innovative Climate Policy, explain how the infrastructure bills moving through Congress today are critical – and the much-needed jobs they will create.
- What specifically the infrastructure bills fund upgrades to and what the Clean Electricity Standard is?
- What jobs would be created and the skills that would be required for them?
- What “sustainable infrastructure” is and how it will protect communities from the ravages of climate change – including maintaining power in a storm?
- Why businesses support these bills to maintain and grow and create more jobs – and the SEC’s ESG momentum. Plus, insightful career advice that may surprise you.
“Be careful about what you’re good at. So, if you’re not happy with what you’re doing, you really do have to take a risk and be willing to step out of your current role and try something new and test yourself. And you can do that in your own position, you can dabble in another area….and then see if that’s a place you want to go.” Anne Kelly on Electric Ladies Podcast
Read Joan’s related Forbes article here too.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Olivia Martin, USAFacts data scientist, on their State of the Earth 2021 report.
- Gloria Reuben, Waterkeeper Alliance & Actress, on holding industry accountable for their water pollution.
- Kate Sloan, Southern California Edison eMobility, on how to get 7 million electric vehicles on the road by 2030.
- Lisa Jacobson, Business Council for Sustainable Energy, on the impact of covid on energy and transitioning to a clean energy economy.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson