“I don’t think talking points are very useful….(and) We’re playing by an outdated set of rules.” Jennifer Palmieri
Jennifer Palmieri tells it like it is. You might expect the Communications Director of the White House and a historic presidential campaign to spew talking points, but not Jennifer. She rejects them!
Listen as Jennifer and host Joan Michelson dig into points she raises in her new book – “Dear Madam President: An Open Letter to Women Who Will Rule the World” – and reveal great new insights and stories that are not in the book.
These apply to all leaders – on ambition, navigating a changing culture and success.
- The inherent conflict between successful leadership and society’s (outdated) views on women and ambition.
- What a communications director on a presidential campaign does every day and why talking points don’t work.
- How women have been contorting to “fit in” to a man’s world and how to pivot that world to embrace women’s leadership, one woman, one decision at a time.
- How women make decisions differently and better, including by bringing their struggles to the process.
- Why success requires you to: “imagine what else may be possible for you.”
- And sooooo much more!
“Being a woman is no longer something we need to overcome.” Jennifer Palmieri
You’ll probably also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
- Angela Duckworth, Author of “Grit” on how passion and perseverance are more valuable than talent, whose TED Talk has been viewed over 21 million times.
- Jill Wine-Banks, Former Watergate Prosecutor, General Counsel, U.S. Army and Fortune 500 executive, Author, “The Watergate Girl”
- Listen also on iTunes or iHeartRadio, Spotify or other podcast networks.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blogs, events and offers right away and be ahead of the curve.
Follow Joan’s Forbes blog too!