“How do we innovate for the future?…Do we have the right talent to compete tomorrow? Are we thinking about technology and innovation from the right perspective?” Rainia Washington of Lockheed Martin
Everybody talks about how innovation is crucial to success over the long term. But how do you do it? How do you stay abreast of changing technologies and market needs, while maintaining performance standards?
How do you successfully present challenging ideas and perspectives that drive innovation to the next level? How do you do it in a 150-year old company whose work can literally be the difference between life and death?
Listen to Rainia Washington, Vice President of Global Diversity and Inclusion at Lockheed Martin – one of the most innovative and high-regarded companies in the world — in this engaging interview with host Joan Michelson.
Grab a notepad, or your laptop, to take notes. You’ll hear:
- Why the moment to pitch a new idea starts well before you get into that room.
- How to build the credibility and relationships that enable you to innovate.
- What “innovation with purpose” means and how to do it (it’s not what you think).
- How to build your credibility by performing with excellence.
- The “3Cs” for career advancement you need as well as top performance.
- Why you might find your next job in line at the grocery store or at a baseball game.
And so much more!
What do YOU think “innovation with purpose” is? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page and ask to join our new private Facebook group, and our new Mastermind Group!
You’ll probably also want to listen to:
- Beth Colleton, Former CSO for NBCUniversal and the NFL on driving social innovation in a large organization.
- Telle Whitney, Former CEO of Anita Borg Institute for Women and Cofounder of the Grace Hopper Conference
- Roberta Rincon, Society of Women Engineers, Director of Research, on the status and careers of women in various types of engineering roles.
- Barbara Whye, Chief Diversity Officer of Apple, and former VP of Human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer of Intel.
Subscribe to our podcasts to receive them right away and to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve.
Want to connect with these amazing people? Join our Mastermind Group!
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and for leaving us a review!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson.