“It’s going to happen, It’s not so much a matter of ‘if’ it’s going to happen, but ‘when.’ But we need a strategic roadmap and a policy framework….EVs are one of the most complex systems, just because it cuts across multiple stakeholders.” Bonnie Datta
There is a lot of buzz about electric vehicles (EVs), but adoption is still slow. Why?
Listen to Bonnie Datta, Siemens’ Senior Director of Regulatory Affairs and Market Development for the Americas and Southeast Asia explain to host Joan Michelson that much of the blame lies in the lap of regulators and utilities. Listen to this fascinating interview for why and how your vote and voice matter.
- Why Minnesota is the model for EVs, surprisingly.
- Why regulators are the obstacle and how they can be more innovative.
- How automakers can transform how they market EVs.
- How everyone in the EV ecosystem has a role to play, including us drivers.
- And….great career tips from how she turned upheaval into success (Note: humility required.)
“There are transferable skills….Just because you have not spent 30 years in energy, does not make you less smart about it… You are learning every day, and every day you are bringing your own insights to say, ‘maybe you can do this thing slightly differently.’…Having a diversity of skills sets and ideas and creativity and experience from other areas, and passion…it makes such a difference.” Bonnie Datta
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Jackie Birdsall, Toyota’s head of Fuel Cell Vehicles, on EVs available now and coming soon.
- Michelle Wyman, Global Council on Science & the Environment, on how to talk about climate with policymakers.
- Mary Powell, CEO of Green Mountain Power utility and a major innovator in the sector.
- Anne Kelly, Ceres, on the business community’s support for EVs and climate infrastructure.
- Esther Takeuchi, Stonybrook College, Inventors’ Hall of Fame, on powerful new EV batteries she’s inventing
Thank you for subscribing to Green Connections on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow on Twitter @joanmichelson