“It’s our responsibility when we take the stage to understand that we’re going to affect people, we’re going to make change….And if you pull back in any way, you are missing that opportunity to…change that one life.” Tricia Brouk
As President-Elect Joe Biden prepares to give his inaugural address after being sworn is as the 46th President of the United States, let’s listen again to one of the most renowned speaking coaches on how to give a great speech. It’s a skill that is crucial to career success today, whether you have to do it virtually or when events and conventions are resumed in-person.
Listen to Tricia Brouk, former long-time producer of TEDxLincolnCenter in New York City, on how to connect with your audience and move people in a positive way, in this remarkable interview with host Joan Michelson. (This was recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio.)
- How to take the stage with confidence. How to build trust with your audience.
- How to identify what to talk about, including in pitching a TEDx Talk.
- Why practice, practice and more practice matters. Why you need to vet the organizers as much as they vet you.
- Great career advice, especially for creative people… and much more!
You’ll want to check out these interviews too:
- Jennifer Wisdom, psychologist, author and speaker, on managing office politics.
- Mary Lee Gannon, CEO & Executive Coach, on building an executive career and executive presence.
- Jennifer Palmieri, former Communications Director for President Obama and Hillary Clinton, on women in leadership.
- Joann Lublin, WSJ Management News Editor on success tips from top women CEOs.
- Joan’s Forbes blog of speaker tips from Emceeing a corporate gala at Lincoln Center recently.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts, career advice, and special coaching offers!
Follow/DM us @joanmichelson