“Energy storage kind of cuts across multiple sectors…vehicles, that’s a big one…and quite frankly, to move ahead with a lot of the smart cities initiatives, we have to look at centralizing storage in order to maintain the current grid, because the grid can’t handle increased load…So storage really runs the gambit in touching our lives in many, many different ways.” Connie Stacey on Electric Ladies Podcast
We can’t transition to clean energy without addressing energy storage. It’s the hub into which all energy sources must connect. But most storage options only work with one type of input, wind, solar or hydropower, for example. Today, as we prepare for the big UN Climate Conference known as COP26 in a few days, when the world will be focused on how we transition to a clean energy economy, here’s a novel storage option that’s unique because it can store any kind of energy.
What is it? Listen to Electric Ladies host Joan Michelson’s truly fascinating conversation with Connie Stacey, Founder and CEO of Growing Greener Innovations based in Canada, about Connie’s remarkable new energy storage technology.
You’ll hear about:
- How Connie applied her computer science skills to developing a new type of portable clean energy generator.
- How Connie’s generator can serve multiple purposes, from construction sites and movie sets, to charging vehicles and powering the smart grid.
- What makes this generator intelligent.
- How this Canadian won an award from the U.S. Department of Defense,
- Plus, insightful career advice ….
“Too often people have a great idea but don’t realize that maybe it’s too expensive for somebody to buy… You have to be sure without any doubt that you have a customer. And the second is, you can’t quit….I’ve watched so many of the other entrepreneurs around me kind of fall off, because at some point it got hard and believe me it gets hard, and they quit and I didn’t it.” Connie Stacey on the Electric Ladies podcast
Read Joan’s related Forbes articles here too.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Jennifer Gerbi, Ph.D., Deputy Director and Acting Director, ARPA-E, the innovation arm of the Department of Energy
- Lisa Jacobson, Business Council for Sustainable Energy, on the impact of covid on energy and transitioning to a clean energy economy
- Anne Kelly, VP of Government Relations at nonprofit Ceres, which helps businesses and policy come together for the planet and people, as well as the economy
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson