“I think one of the most important starting points, whether it be on social or environmental, is back to the measurement, setting a goal and making progress every single day towards that goal with actions….Even if that goal seems unattainable, challenging, unsure of what the steps are between X and Y. I think the fact that we put stakes in the ground and work towards them drives the behavior that we want to see.” Denise Naguib on Electric Ladies Podcast
Are you traveling soon? Planning summer vacations? Think about the environmental impact of where you’ll stay. Most hotels these days have sustainable practices and goals, but how do these massive properties really control their carbon footprint and water use, for example, and their waste?
Listen to Denise Naguib, VP of Global Sustainability at Marriott in this wide-ranging conversation with Electric Ladies host Joan Michelson at a live net zero event in Washington, DC. (Electric Ladies was formerly known as Green Connections Radio.)
- How Marriott sets and achieves their sustainability goals
- How the executives incentivize their teams to follow through on the company’s sustainability goals.
- How Marriott is supporting Ukrainian refugees who escaped the war by going to Europe.
- Plus, insightful career advice.
And much more!
“You can make a difference in any role that you are in. I think that is a really important thing to say. It is not about being part of the sustainability or social impact team that only then you can make a difference. Every single role in a company has the opportunity to make meaningful change, whether you are in finance or legal or operations or whatever it is, public relations. I think identifying how you can make that based on the skills that you bring forward, based on the opportunities that you can get involved in things I think is really invaluable.” Denise Naguib on Electric Ladies podcast
Read Joan’s Forbes articles here.
You’ll also want to listen to (some of these are under the name Green Connections Radio):
- Janet Gail Besser, Smart Electric Power Alliance, on their 5-point plan to get to net zero in any industry
- Kristen Sullivan, Deloitte Sustainability Practice lead, on the transformation and ESG
- Jennifer Gerbi, Ph.D., Deputy Director and Acting Director, ARPA-E, the innovation arm of the Department of Energy
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
- Roberta Rincon, Society of Women Engineers, Director of Research, on the status and careers of women in various types of engineering roles.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson and @electricgalspod