“We asked the Forest Stewardship Council to go on the ground and do the whole certification process, just like they do for paper…Then they’re following that rubber throughout the chain of custody all the way through to the factory here in Georgia….We have just produced the first FSC certified tire.” Maureen Kline on Electric Ladies Podcast
With President Biden’s recent signature on the Inflation Reduction Act, the U.S. is making the largest investment in mitigating climate change in history, $369 billion. Part of those funds go toward boosting the transition to electric vehicles, from charging to creating a sustainable supply chain – augmenting the Infrastructure Bill investments earlier this year. One of those parts is tires.
As the rubber literally hits the road with these huge government investments in transforming our auto sector, Listen to Maureen Kline, head of sustainability for Pirelli Tires, explain how Pirelli is making sustainable – and smart! – tires to host Joan Michelson on Electric Ladies Podcast. It might change how you buy your next car.
- How Pirelli is using outside sources like the Forest Stewardship Council to help them make sustainable tires in a credible and responsible way.
- What “smart tires” are, how they work, and how they keep passengers safer than “normal” tires do.
- How Maureen got Pirelli to include an option in the company’s 401K plan options to invest according to ESG criteria.
- Plus, insightful career advice ….
“I think what’s really important is to gain knowledge of sustainability and weave it into every career… Use all possible, learning opportunities, whether it’s online courses, listening to your podcast, reading, and just get your overall sustainability education in order. And then you can really start diving into how to make what you do, more sustainability focused.”
Maureen Kline on Electric Ladies podcast
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Telva McGruder, Chief Diversity Officer of General Motors – on pivoting that 100+ year old company from gas-powered cars to electric cars
- Neha Palmer, Founder/CEO of TeraWatt Infrastructure on charging for EV trucks
- Sandrine Dixson, Co-President of the Club of Rome (country leaders, CEOs) on transitioning to a net zero economy
- Jackie Birdsall, Toyota, Senior Engineer, Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles
- Margaret Lewis, New Flyer electric buses
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson