“We live at a time of unparalleled opportunity and progress…
It’s the best time in the world’s history to be born female.
That said, the challenges ahead are so much more tricky and complicated and complex….”
Kathy Calvin, CEO on Green Connections Radio
Women are the Front Line of Solutions to Global Challenges, Especially Climate Change
Kathy Calvin came to the UN Foundation senior team in 2003 feeling insecure, like we all do taking on a new challenge, even though she had spent 20+ years in senior level roles at AOL, and U.S. News. “I thought, ‘I’m not qualified,'” and explained why. But she took the job anyway and has huge insights to share – from the global stage to climate change, to women’s issues, to leadership, and growing your career.
Listen to Green Connections Radio host Joan Michelson’s fascinating conversation with Kathy about leadership, including:
- How to spend the first 90 days on a new job.
- Why addressing climate change requires women‘s initiatives.
- The lines between the public and private sectors are blurring – the advantages for both.
- How to collaborate across cultures, values, languages, and genders without compromising quality.
- How to measure the intangibles and demonstrate results.
- Superb career advice, especially for women in middle management.
“This is an era in which action and change, and all the things we’re trying to get done, does not start at the top like it used to. It starts everywhere else. It comes up from the bottom, it comes in from citizens, it comes in from corporations and other organizations.”
Kathy Calvin on Green Connections Radio
How do YOU drive social change? Tweet us @joanmichelson or post it on our Facebook Page (and ask to join our new private Facebook group)
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Rachel Kyte, CEO of the U.N.’s Sustainable Energy for All programme
- Joann Lublin, Management News Editor, WSJ, author of “Earning It: Hard Won Lessons From Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World”
- Jennifer Palmieri, former head of Communications for Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Obama White House, on women’s leadership at the top, from her new book, “Dear Madam President.”
- Patsy Doerr, Global Head of Corporate Responsibility, Sustainability and Inclusion at Thomson Reuters.
Listen also on iTunes or iHeartRadio, Spotify or other podcast networks. Thanks for subscribing and leaving us a review!
Subscribe to our podcasts to receive them right away and to our newsletter to receive additional tips, content, invitations to events.
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org or reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson