“It’s easier to change the world with money…Ideas are out there…the trick is in the execution. It’s not always the best technology that works…Be persistent.” Julie Lenzer
Having a great idea for a new technology or new business model that you think can change the world is terrific. But it will only make that change if it succeeds in the marketplace, which is very tough.
The success stories we hear about in the media make it sound easier than it is. We do not hear about the thousands of others that do not thrive – but those can offer lessons too.
Listen to Julie Lenzer, Chief Innovation Officer at the University of Maryland and serial tech entrepreneur, tell Green Connections Radio podcast host Joan Michelson what it really takes to be a successful entrepreneur and where to find those resources, including funding.
You’ll hear (take notes!):
- Why personality makes a difference in entrepreneurship and how to manage yours. What the UMD Conscious Venture Lab – or “Do Good Institute” – is and how it could help you.
- How to find or build the ecosystem your business needs to succeed – especially as a woman entrepreneur with a purpose-driven business.
- About UMD’s all-female hackathons that attracted 900 students from K-12 to college, the largest in the U.S. Insightful career advice too … and much more!
Read Joan’s Forbes blogs too.
“Don’t be shy about…your accomplishments. Humility will only get you so far and there’s a way to humble brag. Ask a friend to help you because I guarantee you are probably underselling yourself. Be bold. Think big.” Julie Lenzer
You may also like:
- Shelly Porges, CoFounder, Managing Partner of the Billion Dollar Fund for Women.
- Jenny Kassan, Jenny Kassan Consulting, on the hidden ways to raise money from “normal” investors.
- April Richards, EPA on SBIR grants for eco-conscious start-ups, entrepreneurs.
- Ellen Williams, Former Administrator of ARPA-E on funding for innovative energy start-ups.
- Christina Martini, Veteran intellectual property lawyer on protecting your IP, even from your day job.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special coaching offers!
Follow/DM us @joanmichelson