“All great ideas stem from a really good problem. There’s problems all around us….The really good problems are the ones you’re hearing about consistently….and hearing those problems and starting to think about, ‘how can I solve this in a way that nobody else has thought of before?’ or, we can take it a step further. That’s where the great ideas come from.”
We hear about people coming up with great new businesses or products or technologies all the time, but we don’t often find out how they did so. Today you will.
Listen to IBM’s most prolific female inventor, Lisa DeLuca, with about 500 patents already and 250 more pending.
Lisa talks about where she gets her ideas, what happens to them, how she decides which ones to file patents on and more in this truly engaging and entertaining interview with Joan Michelson on Green Connections Radio podcast.
- How to generate great new ideas for today’s problems.
- How to work with a team to innovate for new solutions to current challenges
- Ways to leverage conflict to come up with better solutions.
- How she manages to be so productive – even while raising four young kids! educator to a CEO.
- And inspiring career tips for women in STEM.
And so much more!
“Follow your passions…You can turn your passions into your day job.“ Lisa DeLuca on Green Connections Radio podcast
Watch for Joan’s upcoming Forbes blogs on Lisa’s tips.
You’ll also like:
- Brenda Darden Wilkerson, CEO of Anita Borg Institute for Women in Technology
- Barbara Whye, new Chief Diversity Officer of Apple, formerly CDO and VP of HR at Intel.
- Telle Whitney, former CEO, Anita Borg Institute for Women in Technology, cofounder of Grace Hopper Conference
- Mary Snapp, Corporate VP of Microsoft, CEO of Microsoft Philanthropies and Diversity Leader
- Sophie Vandebroek, COO of IBM Research, former CTO of Xerox and President of their Innovation Unit
Subscribe to our podcasts to receive them right away and to our newsletter to be ahead of the curve.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson