“I learned that we are all capable of so much more than we think we are, until we push ourselves. We all have these reserves that I don’t think we use anymore…Keep looking for those parts of yourself that you have ignored.” Tracy Edwards
Are you going boating this summer? Listen to this fascinating interview with Tracy Edwards on her adventure captaining the first all-female crew in the world’s most dangerous round-the-world boat race – the Whitbread ‘Round the World Yachting Race – with very, very limited experience at the ripe age of 24 years old. And. She. Won the two most dangerous legs of the six-leg race.
Her story is the subject of the recent extraordinary documentary, “Maiden” with original footage from the actual race.
- How she built and captained the first all-female Whitbread race crew – and how they won What her internal voice was like during the journey and how she managed it to lead and thrive.
- How they turned disadvantage into advantages What we can learn from her transformation from novice to history-making winner Lots of great career advice and inspiration!
Read Joan’s Forbes blog about it too.
“Open yourself up to the universe and you will always find the right people in the right place at the right time… Look around you and you will see the people you will need to meet.”
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Ellie O’Brien, Earth Angel: Reducing the movie and television industry’s carbon footprint.
- Ashley Bell, actress, on her new documentary about saving Asian elephants and how it transformed her into an activist.
- Heather Metcalf of Assn. of Women in Science on transforming culture to increase women in leadership.
- Ingrid Daubechies of Duke University, MacArthur “genius” award winner, and master innovative thinker.
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson