How will Members of Congress view the risks of climate change and their actions as they prepare to vote on new ground-breaking legislation to reduce carbon emissions, further the transition to clean energy, and help families with basic costs? What’s our own risk “fingerprint” and risk “ecosystem”?
Listen to this interview with Michele Wucker on Electric Ladies, with host Joan Michelson about how people view risk and how it affects their choices. For example, will the Members think it’s “risky” to vote for this bill? Or that it’s “risky” not to? Michele is the author of the best-selling book, “You Are What You Risk: The New Science & Art of Navigating An Uncertain World.”
“Your risk fingerprint is… a combination of genetic,… your innate personality… It also interacts with other things, your experiences….And lots of social influences, whether it’s within your organization or your country, your culture, your peer group, within your family, and all of those things come together. And they pretty much tell you what it is that you care about, what you value, what you’re ready to risk losing or not.” Michele Wucker on Electric Ladies Podcast
- What exactly a risk fingerprint is and how to find yours, and those of the people in your life.
- How families, peer groups, organizations, and even countries each have risk profiles and how to use this tool to understand them better.
- How men and women see risk differently – and what impact that has in the workplace and families.
- How risk is a tool of negotiation and innovation, and the differences in it between executives in large companies versus entrepreneurs.
- Plus, insightful career advice for using the risk fingerprint tools in your career….
And much more!
“Understand what your risk fingerprint is, and the most important things about who you are. That, in turn, leads to the path forward that you’re going to chart through often very, very uncertain times, and will help you to make the choices that you need. That risk fingerprint is like your north star and your anchor.” Michele Wucker on Electric Ladies podcast
You’ll also want to listen to (some of these are under the name Green Connections Radio):
- Telva McGruder, Chief Diversity Officer of General Motors – on pivoting that 100+ year old company from gas-powered cars to electric cars
- Michele Wucker, on her book “The Gray Rhino” about the warnings we miss in front of our eyes.
- Anne Kelly, Ceres Government Relations, on business and infrastructure policy
- Michelle Wyman, Executive Director of National Council of Science and the Environment on how to talk to policymakers about science to keep science in policy decisions.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Reach us on Twitter @joanmichelson and @electricgalspod