“Do you understand what customers are looking for?…Do you know where you want to go? Can you tell a story? Are you the right person to lead this team and bring others on board?…The financial model is often the number side of your story. It is storytelling through numbers.” Ginger Rothrock on Electric Ladies Podcast
Between the pandemic shifting our ideas of “work,” an increased focus on values, and the resulting “Great Realignment” of careers, more women are becoming entrepreneurs. Unfortunately, the road to raising capital for those businesses is fraught for women, since women founders only get about 2.3% of venture funding.
But here’s hope! In this episode of Electric Ladies podcast, venture investor, scientist and former entrepreneur Ginger Rothrock, Ph.D. of HG Ventures shares secrets on how to be successful in your fundraising while female in conversation with host Joan Michelson. So, grab a pen and paper or tablet or laptop to take notes and click “play.”
- What you need to put in your pitch deck – and why
- What you need to understand about your business – and it may not be obvious.
- How to identify the assumptions you’re making that may be holding you back.
- How to do credible yet ambitious financial modeling and forecasting.
- Plus, insightful career advice.
And much more!
“What would you do if you were fearless? What choices would you make? What actions would you take?… We outperform men, we get better grades. We learn that hard work, leads to results…(often we make) professional choices because of a perceived need or what am I supposed to do…(But) what if I could do anything I wanted?” Ginger Rothrock on Electric Ladies podcast
Read Joan’s Forbes articles here.
You’ll also want to listen to (some of these are under the name Green Connections Radio):
- Shelly Porges, Co-Founder and Managing Partner, Beyond the Billion and Billion Dollar Fund for Women
- Julie Lenzer, Chief Innovation Officer, University of Maryland and serial entrepreneur
- Jenny Kassan, fundraising consultant and entrepreneur
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson and @electricgalspod