“It’s all about the doing, not the claiming,” Anne Bahr Thompson
What do you expect from the companies you buy from? A new ground-breaking study says we consumers care if companies “do good” and we buy accordingly.
So, how do we leverage it? What does it mean for consumers and businesses? Listen to the study’s author, branding guru Anne Bahr Thompson, author of a new book expanding on the research called “Do Good: Embracing Brand Citizenship to Fuel both Purpose and Profit, and a former top executive at Interbrand global communications firm.
In this fascinating conversation with host Joan Michelson, also a communications expert, they dive into the study’s findings and discuss:
- What is a brand and does it still matter today.
- What drives brand loyalty today (hint: consistency, but of what?)
- Five steps to brand loyalty based on the research – and which brands do it right.
- Why “big data” and AI are not the magic bullet.
- …and terrific career advice!
“Step back and decide what are your motivations….We need to focus on what energizes us and get more of that in our day.” Anne Bahr Thompson
You’ll probably also want to listen to Joan’s interviews with:
- Michele Wucker, author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science of Navigating an Uncertain world.
- Anne Kelly, Ceres, on the importance of messaging infrastructure for business leaders, including to pass the Biden infrastructure bills.
- Michelle Wyman, on how to message science with policymakers to get legislation passed. (Recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio)
- Diane Diaz, The Brand Teacher, on finding your personal brand. (Recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio)
Subscribe to our podcasts on Apple Podcasts, iHeartRadio, Spotify and other podcast networks.
Sign up for our newsletter to get our podcasts, articles and career tips and be ahead of the curve.
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson