How to Make Office Politics Work For You
“You are not crazy. So, if you’re talking to someone who makes you feel crazy, that’s probably something with that other person. If you’re working with someone who make you feel like you’re not good enough, there’s something else going on.” Jennifer Wisdom
We all have office politics to deal with, even if you own your company or work remotely. If you work with other people, office politics are there on some level. It’s how people deal with each other. Listen to psychologist, author and coach Jennifer Wisdom explain to host Joan Michelson how we can all understand our work relationships and how to manage them in this enlightening and practical interview.
- How to figure out what the politics are in your work place.
- What you can learn from the language people use and who gets which assignments.
- The politics of being a woman in the workplace.
- Three things women in middle management can do to advance at work.
- And, great career advice for women (and everyone).
Read Joan’s Forbes blog on her interview with Jennifer on office politics too.
“Many of us bring to work (the family dynamics) we were raised with. So, if we were raised in a family where people didn’t communicate directly (for example), we grow up thinking that’s normal.” Jennifer Wisdom on Green Connections Radio
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
- Mary Lee Gannon, Healthcare CEO & Executive Coach, on navigating in a multi-generational workforce
- Telle Whitney, Former CEO of Anita Borg Institute for Women and Cofounder of the Grace Hopper Conference
- Angela Duckworth, Author of “Grit” on how passion and perseverance are more valuable than talent, whose TED Talk has been viewed over 21 million times.
- Jill Wine-Banks, Former Watergate Prosecutor, General Counsel, U.S. Army and Fortune 500 executive, Author, “The Watergate Girl.”
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special offers!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson