New Study On High-achieving Women!
“If you have a strong need for something, you need to do things to satisfy that need, you will go out of your way to fulfill those needs. …(Since) work is a big part of your day”
it’s natural to want your work to satisfy your strong needs. Maggi Reiss on Green Connections Radio podcast
With women still only 7.4% of the Fortune 500 CEOs, executives, recruiters, and advocates are wondering what needs to happen for more women to ascend to those roles. A brand new study conducted by Green Connections Media (GCM) in partnership with IDS Publishing may provide some answers, especially for those in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering and math).
Called the Reiss Motivational Profile (“RMP”), it “helps people to…think about what they really want out of life, what’s really important to them,” Maggi Reiss explained.
Listen to this fascinating interview with Maggi about the findings to learn:
- What we studied and why
- What motivates women to be leaders, high-achievers
- What is unique about this study and how it might reflect women in STEM or in climate-energy-sustainability fields.
- What it could mean for your own career path
- Great career advice too
“I think it’s important to know yourself…. When you know yourself, you can put yourself in situations where you can thrive…. When you know yourself and you know somebody else that you’re close with, you can appreciate that if you have a difference with them, it’s a difference in values. It’s not that their right and you’re wrong, it’s that you differ in your values.” Maggi Reiss on Green Connections Radio podcast
You may also like:
- Angela Duckworth, Author of “Grit” on how passion and perseverance are more valuable than talent, whose TED Talk has been viewed over 21 million times.
- Jill Wine-Banks, Former Watergate Prosecutor, General Counsel, U.S. Army and Fortune 500 executive, Author, “The Watergate Girl”
- Rainia Washington, Global Diversity Officer at Lockheed Martin, global defense contractor
- Barbara Whye, Intel VP of human Resources and Chief Diversity Officer
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts and leaving us a review!
Also, join our Facebook Page and share your insights!
Join our mailing list to stay up to date on the top podcasts and special coaching offers!
Follow/DM us @joanmichelson