“We’ll have over 50% of our facilities producing EVs here in the U.S. by 2025. We’ve announced four battery plants here in the U.S., a number of supply chain agreements, again, to really get those critical minerals happening here. So, so really excited to see where this, this is going to take us.” Kristen Siemen on Electric Ladies Podcast
General Motors announced it was going all-electric by around 2035, in some ways pushing the legacy automakers to accelerate their transitions too. They also committed to reducing their carbon footprint overall aggressively, from materials, to how they power their plants, to the supply chain. How are they doing it?
Listen to Kristen Siemen, Chief Sustainability Officer at General Motors, and a 28-year veteran of the company, in this remarkable interview with host Joan Michelson on Electric Ladies Podcast about how General Motors is pivoting its entire manufacturing process to electric vehicles, and driving more innovation at the same time.
- How GM is bringing its 25 year history in electric vehicles to 21st century mobility needs.
- How GM is allocating the $35 billion they committed to this transformation to EVs – in all types of vehicles, from luxury cars to Hummers.
- What it’s going to take for EVs to go mainstream.
- How the much-needed EV infrastructure gets built, including with the new federal legislation and GM’s recent charging deal.
- Plus, insightful career advice ….
“It’s really about being transparent, you know, and being comfortable to give your opinion and, and ask for what you want to do and where you want to work or, or what type of assignment you’d like to have. And so, it all circles back to that passion. If you like what you’re doing, you’re going to work harder and you’re going to be the person that they want on the team.” Kristen Siemen on Electric Ladies podcast
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Telva McGruder, Chief Diversity Officer of General Motors – on pivoting that 100+ year old company from gas-powered cars to electric cars
- Suzy Deering, Chief Marketing Officer at Ford Motor Company, on disrupting a 100+ automaker.
- Neha Palmer, Founder/CEO of TeraWatt Infrastructure on charging for EV trucks
- Maureen Kline, Head of Sustainability, Pirelli Tires, on smart and sustainable tires
- Jackie Birdsall, Toyota, Senior Engineer, Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson