“We are at a tipping point when businesses need to reinvent themselves for a better future. In fact, I believe that they need to reinvent the model and even demonstrate the contribution to society. I believe. in fact, that only companies with a positive impact will thrive. Why? Because they will be chosen by people, by employees, as you said, by investors, by partners, by clients. This is what is happening right now. And the question is not anymore about the why, the question has become about the how,” Isabelle Grosmaitre on Electric Ladies Podcast.
Businesses today across the globe are being pulled in many, many directions. Employees, suppliers, regulators, investors, communities, and customers are making demands that sometimes conflict and are speaking with their dollars and their time. Being perceived as a good corporate citizen and leader is more important and more complicated than ever, as is being a board member.
Listen to Isabelle Grosmaitre, Founder/CEO of Goodness & Co. on Electric Ladies Podcast explain how executives and boards can frame these issues successfully. Goodness & Co is a management consulting firm based in Paris, France. I had the privilege of having Isabelle on a panel of mine at the huge ChangeNow Summit in Paris a few months ago. (Note: This was recorded before the barbaric attack on Israel by Hamas on October 7, 2023 and the subsequent regional war involving Gaza.)
- Why she thinks this moment is a critical tipping point for businesses and leadership.
- How conscious leadership is becoming a movement at the top of global corporations.
- How business models need to change to include their impact on society writ large, as well as financial prosperity.
- What the “new era of governance” is that she sees we need, why and how to get there.
- Plus, insightful career advice, such as….
“One is, that you need to listen to your inner voice. Sometimes it may feel super scary, that’s the reality a lot of times. But the reality is that the only way to thrive is to listen to your inner voice. The second thing is, that it’s okay to be ambitious. I think it’s one of the critical values that leadership needs is to be ambitious, because we need to really reinvent the way we do business. So, this will not happen without ambitious leaders. I believe that, in fact have the courage to…think big, to be a super bold and willing to change the world…the courage to act.” Isabelle Grosmaitre on Electric Ladies podcast
Read Joan’s Forbes articles here.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Sandrine Dixson-Decléve, Co-president of the Club of Rome (global leaders) and Ambassador to the Climate
- Heather Boushey, Member of the White House Council of Economic Advisors
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
- Anne Kelly, VP of Government Relations at Ceres, on why businesses support the Inflation Reduction Act etc.
- Birta Hegadottir, then head of Business Iceland, on how they are operationalizing the circular economy across the country.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson and @electricgalspod