“Brand citizenship is a way of doing business – from a company’s core purpose; to its delivery of goods and services; to its responsibility to its employees, community, the environment and the world – that people trust, believe in, and rely on…all with the aim of earning profits that are maintainable over the long term.” Anne Bahr Thompson
Do you get mad seeing ads selling normal stuff these days, as if we’re not in a global health crisis? What should companies, leaders, and marketers do in this unprecedented crisis? Should you just post messages of support for first responders and healthcare workers? Do special offers work now?
Listen to this fascinating podcast interview with Anne Bahr Thompson, veteran branding expert, former head of a division of mega branding agency Interbrand, and author of “Do Good: Brand Citizenship to Fuel Both Purpose and Profit,” to find out. (Recorded under our previous name, Green Connections Radio.)
- How to be compassionate and a good corporate citizen at this time, from how you can help, to how you treat your employees, to ads you run (or don’t).
- The five stages of Brand Citizenship® and how to do them (trust, enrichment, contribution, etc.).
- Why planning and understanding what your relationship is with your customers are both crucial. What “fitness stretches for your brand” are and why they matter. Plus great career advice!
“We each come into the world with gifts. And, how do we apply those gifts and have them intersect with the things we’re good at and the things we’re interested in so that we can contribute.” Anne Bahr Thompson
Which brands do think are doing well and why? Tweet them to us @joanmichelson or post them on our Facebook Page — and ask to join our private Facebook group.
You’ll also want to listen to:
- Anne Bahr Thompson, on her book about Brand Citizenship, branding for purpose and profit.
- Diane Diaz, The Brand Teacher, on finding your personal brand.
- Billee Howard,of Brandthropolgie on using neuroscience to understand your customer and design your brand.
- Beth Colleton, former Chief Sustainability Officer of the NFL and NBCUniversal on integrating purpose into your branding.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson