“This idea of ‘voice and choice’ is, ask me what I think and then listen to what I have to say and then give me a choice as to how I can participate. Don’t forget that I’m an individual…That’s a really big trend.” Rachel Hutchisson
Connecting with our colleagues and employees is harder than ever – and more important – during this crisis. The holidays are usually when we have company or organization parties and gatherings that would bring us together, but we can’t do that this year. Plus, as an organization, we want to donate to nonprofits and causes aligned with our employees. But how?
More and more employers are realizing that it’s important to both contribute to causes their employees care about and to offer ways their employees can give back. This is what Rachel Hutchisson of Blackbaud calls creating “an ecosystem of social good.”
Listen to Rachel describe the trends in these programs and how employers can tailor them to their teams, in this enlightening interview from last year, pre-pandemic, with host Joan Michelson.
- How to give your teams “voice and choice” to engage them.
- What to measure and how to show impact.
- The causes employees are focused on, according to their data.
- How to incentivize employees to tell you about their causes.
- Career tips and more!
Note: This interview was recorded on location in a cavernous room, so the sound will be lower quality than our usual standards.
Read my Forbes blog about this here too.
“Focus on opportunities that will show that you’re a leader and do the job well.” Rachel Hutchisson
You’ll want to check out these interviews too:
- Erin Michelson, Summery, on using their A.I.-driven KindQ to understand what your employees think of your culture.
- Kristin Haffert, Co-Founder of Mine The Gap, gender diversity consultancy on a surprising gender gap.
- Anne Bahr Thompson, on her book “Do Good” about corporate responsibility.
- Michele Wucker, thought leaders and author of “You Are What You Risk: The New Art & Science to Navigating an Uncertain World.”
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson