Electric Ladies Podcast listeners requested that we air a collection of career advice from our various guests, and we heard you. Here’s our second collage of advice from five amazing women from different fields.
The last question in each of our Electric Ladies Podcast episodes is asking for career advice, especially for midcareer women who want to make a difference. Listeners reached out to us and asked us to publish an episode now and then that is only that advice, so we are doing just that.
This week, you’ll hear career advice from:
- Erika Wollam-Nichols, President of famous music venue, The Bluebird Café in Nashville, TN
- Genevieve Cullen, President of the Electric Drive Transportation Association
- Trisa Thompson, former Chief Sustainability Officer of Dell Technologies
- Kristen Siemen, Chief Sustainability Officer of General Motors
- Karen Alonardo, former VP of ESG at Navex software (founder of ESG software company acquired by Navex)
Here’s a hint:
“I do think what’s really valuable is to own your expertise. Know what you’re good at and absolutely highlight it, monetize it, but don’t be afraid to keep adding to it. Don’t get stuck in a silo.…Just like, oh, this is where the industry is going and I should get smart about this. So, you have to always keep learning, adding to your skill set, particularly as it like reinforces the thing that you love.”
Genevieve Cullen on Electric Ladies podcast
Read Joan’s Forbes articles here.
You’ll also want to listen to (some of these are under the name Green Connections Radio):
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our podcasts, blog, events and special coaching offers..
Thanks for subscribing on Apple Podcasts or iHeartRadio and leaving us a review!
Follow us on Twitter @joanmichelson and @electricgalspod